Data Protection and privacy
- Crowdoscope will not gather or hold personal information about you unless you have given your consent for us to do so. By choosing to enter this website and/or disclosing personal information to Crowdoscope you consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner described in this Policy.
- Please note that your continued use of the website and/or products and services constitutes your agreement to any changes to this Policy.
- This Policy applies to any information acquired by and/or provided to Crowdoscope including but not limited to:
- information acquired/provided through use of the following websites: www.silvermanresearch.com and www.crowdoscope.com;
- information acquired/provided through use of the following tools: Crowdoscope;
- information acquired/provided through enquiries or by the completion of any request and or invitation for information;
- information acquired/provided through awards and competition entries;
- information acquired/provided through any other source which we obtain in relation to you.
- Crowdoscope recognises that your privacy is important to you and takes protection of your data seriously. The information you submit to Crowdoscope will be kept confidential and secure once received. The information will be processed by Crowdoscope or on its behalf under strictly regulated conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How we use your personal information
- Any personal information provided by you or obtained from other sources by Crowdoscope will only be used for the following purposes:
- compiling information relating to your use of Crowdoscope’s products and services and defining areas of interest to you;
- improving the websites and tools to meet users’ habits and requirements;
- generally maintaining your account;
- advising you of other products and services which may be of interest;
- inviting you to participate in other interactive platforms, research studies and/or market research activities;
- compiling case studies in relation to the purpose for which the information was submitted (eg. awards nominations), or otherwise in an anonymised format unless otherwise expressly notified to you in advance;
- Crowdoscope will only disclose this information in the following circumstances:
- where your consent has been obtained;
- where there is a legal obligation;
- where there is a public duty or;
- in connection with the assignment or transfer of all or any of its rights and obligations to any of its group companies or to any other third party.
- For operational reasons and/or in order to meet specific requests, data may also be:
- processed on behalf of Crowdoscope by external organisations under strictly regulated conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998; and
- be transferred to and processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by one of Crowdoscope’s subsidiaries or other body conducting services on Crowdoscope’s behalf, under strict conditions of data security.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- These terms and conditions relate to your use of this website, please read them carefully. If there is anything you do not understand, please contact us on the contact request form
- By choosing to access this website, you agree to be bound by all of the provisions of the above Policy and these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these provisions you should not use this website.
- We may change these terms and conditions at any time and we are not under any obligation to notify you of such changes.
Protecting Other People’s Rights
- Crowdoscope respects other people’s rights and opinions, and we expect you to do the same:
- You will not post content or take any action that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law (including laws relating to libel).
- You will consider the views and feelings of others when posting content, and will not post anything which is likely to or does cause offence to others for whatever reason.
- You will not post information which would allow specific individuals or organizations to be identified.
- You will not use the Crowdoscope website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory; facilitate or encourage any violation of these Terms and Conditions;
- Crowdoscope can remove any content or information if we believe that it violates these terms and conditions. If you disagree with our decision to remove content, please contact us using the contact form.
- You must not misuse this website. You will not: send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications to users (such as spam); upload viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious code; corrupt data or cause annoyance to others users.
- Crowdoscope reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, edit or refuse to post any content and to remove any content from this website, whether or not the content is expressly prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the website at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
- Crowdoscope advises you not to reveal (other than to Crowdoscope) any personal information about yourself or anyone else that would allow you to be identified including but not limited to: telephone number, home address, business address, delivery address or email address.
- Crowdoscope reserves the right to close user accounts if we believe a user is using proxy Internet Protocol addresses (IPs) as a method to hide the use of multiple accounts or to disrupt any of our services in any way. If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community we may take action against you and close your accounts.
- By submitting any material on the website or to Crowdoscope you automatically grant Crowdoscope royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive right and license to use, modify, publish, re-use, translate, distribute, perform and display such material in whole or part worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- You acknowledge that we are not obliged to publish any material submitted by you.
- Crowdoscope reserves the right to edit or delete any contribution, or take action against any user account, at any time, for any reason.
- If you do not want to grant Crowdoscope the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share content on this website.
Our Data Protection Policy
Confidentiality of your account
- You are fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account name and the password of your account, and all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account or password and any breach of security or misuse or suspected breach of security or misuse of the service, and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session if you use a shared computer. Crowdoscope cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph.
Limitation of Liability
- Crowdoscope shall not be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the material on this website or the performance of the product purchased through the website or the conduct of other users of this website, even if Crowdoscope has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all liability for our employees’ or sub-contractors’ negligence.
- This website may also contain links to other websites, which are not operated by Crowdoscope. When you activate any of these you will leave this website and we have no control over, and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of, the material on any website which is not under Crowdoscope’s control.
- You agree to indemnify Crowdoscope and our agents and officers, directors and employees, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you.
- Crowdoscope may terminate your use of the website immediately if we consider that you have breached these Terms and Conditions.
- Crowdoscope may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these Terms and Conditions are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue to have full force and effect.
- Crowdoscope will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
If you have any queries about these terms and conditions, or any other aspect of our website, or you have a complaint, please use the contact form provided.
Date Effective: 1 Jan 2017